Tuesday 14 June 2016

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Game

I love it when my kids are active,can move their bodies and learn something. We just finished reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and I wanted my kids to practice retelling the story but I was bored of the usual retelling activities. 
So this cute idea popped in my head and I went scooting for some ping pong balls. 

I attached pictures of food that the hungry caterpillar ate in the book on the ping pong balls and put them in a basket. I then asked kids to find the food he ate, in order and prompted them to talk about the days on which he ate a particular food.

 After they finished arranging the ping pong balls , we got up and aimed the balls in another basket aka the caterpillar. 

There was a lot of excitement, cheers and joy while playing this game which of course, made me a super happy teacher!

Linking up with
blog button1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment