Friday 4 September 2015

Literacy Center- Teaching Sght Words

Centers are such an effective way to get students to learn independently and in small groups. I love making resources to use in the literacy centers. It empowers my kids and gives them a sense of accomplishment and they tend to take ownership of their own learning.
So this activity was born keeping in mind the above points. You may have seen versions of this game online but it took me a while to give it a try. But the moment I made it and put it out for the kids to try, they kinda went ballistic with it. Sight word learning has never been so much fun.

So don't wait and give it a try in your class now, because its completely worth it.
Sight Word Fishing Game

I simply made some fish cuts with sight words written on  them . I use the Dolch word list, so the words are from there. 
I attached a magnet strip at the back of each fish. You can even attach metal paper clips.
Give children a fishing rod and a recording sheet. Let them catch the fish and tick off the sight words on their sheet.


Simple, easy and pure fun!
Grab this game from my TPT STORE.

Happy fishing for sight words!

No comments:

Post a Comment