Wednesday 4 June 2014

Wordless Wednesday

I am linking up with Christina at Sugar and Spice for Wordless Wednesday.



I have ordered this book to read during the summers to help nurture writers in my class. I am quite keen to explore this area of development in children and want to learn new ideas.
Unfortunately in India, writing is looked upon in a completely different fashion than what it should be for little children. Parents, educators and schools are all obsessed about developing good handwriting and helping children write perfectly within lines. The skill of writing just stops there. Expression, creativity, imagination really doesn't figure anywhere.
I want to know how do you help children get excited about writing and what are the strategies you use to  develop this skill in little children ?






No comments:

Post a Comment